Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Life after Liggett

Life after Liggett is part scary, part exhilarating
and part upsetting. It's kind of an odd feeling,
graduating from college and going into the "real"
world. You feel like you've accomplished so much and
all of a sudden you haven't accomplished anything; the
end turns into the beginning. You have to start waking
up early to catch the train, the bills roll in, and
instantly you're transformed into that person you
always dreaded becoming: a working stiff.
I must say though, despite all of this, you do feel
liberated in a way. You're free from being a
dependant, and you enter into a state of
consciousness.
And having completed an internship at a notorious
advertising agency like Liggett-Stashower opened more
than just a few doors for me. After I "graduated" from
Liggett, I packed up the bags and headed for the
streets of New York City. I was extremely surprised to
find myself interviewing at the most prominent shops
in the city (and the world for that matter), like
Ogilvy, Y & R, Ad Age, and McCann Erickson; finally
landing a job at an incredibly creative agency,
TBWA\Chiat\Day. I can safely say that if it weren’t
for my internship at Ligget, I never would have landed
the wonderful position I am in right now.
I would like to formally thank everyone at Liggett for
your guidance and torture (aka: a name that rhymes
with ark), and I wish all of you the very best of
luck.

Brandon LaGanke

No comments: