Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Post Internship

Post Internship…Well, Not Really

At the end of the summer I decided that I wanted to try to keep my internship while I was at school. I was so happy that Liggett was able to extend my internship and was also very flexible with my school schedule. I work a few days a week, which is quite an adjustment from the full-time schedule I was used to in the summer.
My days are very busy and go by really fast. I’ve learned how much of a juggling act it can be—fitting work, school, extracurricular activities and some sort of social life into your week. But by having the balance of school and work at once, it really shows me how practical everything is that I’ve learned here and how I can apply it to my schoolwork. I am in an event planning class, and as part of the PR effort for our event, I decided to create a press kit to send out to local media. Having the knowledge and skills that I’ve acquired here really made the process go smoothly and it makes me feel even more excited and confident to take on more responsibility in this field after I graduate.


Lisa S.

No comments: