Tuesday, August 09, 2011

The end is just the beginning (Sorry for the nauseating-but-true-in-this-case cliché)

It’s here: My last week as a Liggett Stashower intern. Don’s ready to head off to vacation, Alyse is going back down to Miami University, and Alyssa is extending her internship one extra week.

As for me, I am lucky enough to stay on at Liggett full-time. I was offered (and gladly accepted!) a copywriting position. My first official day is August 22. I am so excited to become a member of the Liggett Stashower family! In a way, I already feel like I am. All of us interns were accepted from day one. Sure, we’ve been called “the interns” or someone has said “make an intern do it,” but it was in the least derogatory way. And when an intern had to do whatever it was, it was never getting coffee…but maybe beer.

Aside from the fantastic experiences and exposure to client work and agency life, we all got to learn a little more about Cleveland and (I hope I’m not going out on a limb here) got to be friends. It’s strange that by the end of this week I won’t be seeing my fellow interns every day at work. I wish they were all staying on, too. And I know plenty of other people at Liggett feel the same way.

It seems like everything is moving so fast for me right now. I graduate college this weekend, and I start a full-time job soon after. Not that I would ever complain about either of those things, but it is a little scary to be out in the world as an adult (or at least almost adult). I need to get a car. And I need to learn how to drive on the freeway. No joke: I’ve never driven on the freeway. So look out, Cleveland commuters!

To sum it all up, my time at Liggett has been one of learning, growing and fun. I know I’m getting dangerously close to crossing the cliché line again, but I can’t help it if it’s true.

See you the 22nd, Liggett!

Isabelle J.

Creative Intern

No comments: