Monday, August 07, 2006

So you're a Brand Contact intern, eh?

What surprised me most about LS was the Brand Contact Department. The reason it surprised me is because 1) I’d never heard of such a department title, and 2) I was unaware I was going to be a part of it! Throughout the interview process I was always told that I possibly had the qualifications for an account services intern, so naturally that’s the position I would interview for. I ended up receiving the internship (YAY!) and when the topic came up with fellow friends and family I would always say, “I am going to be an account services intern” and then smile. When they asked what that encompassed, I would explain, and then smile. Well, I got to LS and quickly noticed my title: Account Service/ Brand Contact Intern. Hmm? I thought, what does this mean? Sort of puzzled and kind of nervous, I went with the flow and by the second day or so I was completely filled in. Simply put, the Brand Contact Department is another name for a Media Department! Here at LS we call it Brand Contact because it fuses Research, Account Planning and Media all in one. Cool, huh? I was extremely excited and smiling bigger than before. It has turned out to be a perfect fit for me; I do not think I could have picked a better position for myself. Topics of media such as “the latest trends in media” and “alternative media” just fascinate me. I love anything that has to do with consumer behavior and research in general. I’m constantly learning new things because of the broad range of assignments I’ve been given. I can honestly say I did not think this internship was going to be as beneficial as it has already turned out to be. You never know what’s going to happen next, here at LS.

~ Lucia B.

No comments: