Friday, July 29, 2005

Day in the life of a Creative Intern

Day in the life of a Creative Intern:

A typical work day starts around 8:30am, but I prefer to get to the office around 8:00am to take care of any organizing, replying to e-mails and other general office business that is easier to accomplish before the day starts. For a good portion of the morning, I have been working mostly with LS projects. We have been dealing with the creation of the internship T-shirt, the 2006 Summer Internship poster and other fun intern projects. We normally choose to set our meetings for the mornings because they seem to be more productive.
After a lunch downtown or playing pool in the employee lounge, I go back to the most important task I was handling before my break. This is a good time to have creative brainstorming sessions with the other creative interns. Our minds are cleared from the morning and we can go into an office and concept ideas. We have actually been able to concept ideas for product names, radio and television commercials and print ads.
Overall, I have a pretty busy day that seems to go by very fast with all the projects going on. Someone in the department always needs some help with their projects so I am always willing to put whatever it is I am doing on hold for a little while to help them out. I always have something to do and it’s a good feeling to know that you are getting a job done but it doesn’t seem like “work.”

Lisa L.

No comments: