Tuesday, August 07, 2007

My Summer Well Spent

It is with mixed emotions that I write this last blog entry for the LS intern blog. These past nine weeks have been the most professionally and personally fulfilling experience I’ve ever had. In past summers, I’ve held retail jobs at the mall, baby-sat little kids and wasted the days away swimming in my pool. This summer I’ve pitched to local and national media publications, seen the interaction between agencies and television stations, radio stations, printing presses and publishing companies, and made seven great friends.

My favorite part of the LS internship has been collaborating with the seven other interns to create a cohesive theme to represent our experiences here. Together we created a T-shirt, DVD and poster to leave behind our mark on the LS Intern Wall. Our theme was “Building professionals one intern at a time.” And I truly think that’s what this agency has built us into.I never once was afraid to approach anyone at LS with questions, comments or problems.

The quality of people at this agency is high. They truly treat their interns like employees; my ideas were taken seriously and my presence felt meaningful. As another intern said in a previous blog, this was by far the hardest class I’ve taken, but definitely the best learning experience. I feel that these 9 weeks have prepared me for my last year in college, and most importantly, the real world. I certainly don’t feel like I know everything I need to know, but I know what I have left to learn.



Olivia M.
Program Management Intern


No comments: