Thursday, August 05, 2010

The beginning of the end

Every Thursday morning we have our "Intern Meeting," where the interns gather with our advisors and discuss our current projects. This morning instead of being asked what we were working on, we were asked, "How's it going wrapping your projects up?"

I think I'm in denial about this internship ending. How can we only have one week left? It feels like we've only been here a couple weeks and all the interns agree, we wouldn't mind staying.

I'll edit and perfect my newsletter articles for University Settlement before handing them off next Wednesday to the director of development. Then I'll begin a couple of internal case studies I know I can finish in just a few days. It's hard to know anything we start now will have to be passed off for someone else to finish.

While it may feel like I've only been here for a short time, I know Liggett has already had a huge impact on me. I've learned so much about advertising, promotion and about topics I never really knew existed like search engine optimization and marketing.

As a public relations major, I had my fall schedule planned out months ago, but half way through the summer I moved my courses around so I could take J320: Principles of Creative Advertising. I can tell working at Liggett inspires its employees to always keep learning, and I intend to do the same. Us interns have a lot left to discover, but our experiences at Liggett have sure given us a good push in the right direction.


Katie F.
Brand Management Intern

No comments: