Monday, August 04, 2008

Getting Experience


Prior to starting this internship, I knew my time at Liggett would be very beneficial. I never imagined, however, that I would gain this much knowledge and experience.   

As the graphic design intern, I have been able to use and contribute my creative skills in many ways. Not only have I been able to design such things as posters and t-shirts, but I have also been able to assist with photo shoots and client presentations. As a result of working on each of these assignments, I have acquired new knowledge and skills that I can apply to my future work.   

I have also been able to learn more about the computer programs I use. Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator are the three most frequently used programs by designers. Coming into this internship, I had a great deal of experience with each program. I felt comfortable that I knew and understood the essential tools in each. By working in a professional environment, however, I have found that there is still so much information to learn. What I enjoy about Liggett is that everyone is willing to work with you and help you understand something that may be of confusion. These programs can be overwhelming at times and it is reassuring knowing there are people here to turn to.   

As our internship comes to an end next week, I look forward to taking the skills I have acquired here and using them in my last year of school. I also appreciate the experiences I have gotten
here at Liggett because I can always apply them to any future jobs that I may have.

Katie W.
Graphic Design Intern

No comments: