Friday, July 21, 2006

An Ad Agency Exceeding Expectations?

“Lucia, an ad agency is not all it is cracked up to be. It isn’t as cool as it looks on TV so don’t get your hopes up too high, okay?” This is what I heard from a friend not more than 24 hours before my start with Liggett Stashower.

The next morning, I woke up (at the crack of dawn), completed my usual morning routine, jumped in my car and headed off to work, anxious for Liggett to prove Miss Rational, wrong. Eventually the elevator doors slid open and there I was, standing in the LS lobby. It was breathtaking. A modern mix of wood floors, black leather couches, and high ceilings captivated me. It was like the movies. I was taken to my very own cubicle fully equipped with a laptop, E-mail account, phone, direct phone line, fun supplies and even a nametag outside my office. I observed a Zen room, lounge area with a pool table, decked out offices and flat screen televisions in presentation rooms with the latest technology. Even the “characters” were interesting. I stumbled upon a twin, a guy who has had brain surgery, a baton-twirler, a skydiver, a Harley-Davidson owner, a college student who does not like Chipotle nor Starbucks (!), a 21 year old who went to high school with only 14 other people, a guy who swam with sharks and the list goes on... The welcoming people of all backgrounds, ages, skills and interests is what formed my great first impression of LS. After all, the agency would not be what it is today without the collaborative personalities each individual, of each department, brings to the table - or the idea board for that matter.

~ Lucia B.

No comments: