Monday, June 18, 2007

My Top 3

I've put together a list of the Top 3 things I've learned and experienced during my first week as an intern.

1. One of my highlights from the past week was the opportunity to sit in on a photo shoot. I realized the tremendous amount of work that goes into the making of a print ad. It's unbelievable how many people and how much time, money and talent it takes to create one of those ads you see in a magazine.

2. There are many uses for duct tape. From creating picture frames, dresses, and flip-flops to hammocks and ipod cases - the list goes on. Who knew that you could easily hem your pants or rip cactus thorns outof your skin with a little handiwork and duct tape? Not me. The reason I now know all of this useful information is because on Sunday afternoon I volunteered for a festival put on by one of Liggett's clients. My job was to man the fashion tent. Fashion design studentscreated duct tape dresses with the theme - "countries of the world". My instructions were pretty simple, answer any questions and make sure nobody rolled away the giant 8x8 ft duct tape globe. Since it wasFather's Day, I decided to splurge and buy a genuine duct tape wallet for my Dad. Now, thanks to me, he's the most stylish guy on the block.

3. Adjusting from college life (taking a daily mid-afternoon nap) to work life (waking up at the crack of dawn) was a bit of a struggle for me. After one week of working in the "real world", I witnessed all ofthe responsibility, hard work and creativity it takes to make LS run smoothly.



Linda F.
Creative Intern

No comments: