Monday, June 25, 2007

Teaching the Rising Generation

“What nobler employment, or more valuable to the state, than that of the man who instructs the rising generation.” – Marcus Tullius Cicero

When it comes to teachers, lets face it – if you’re taking molecular chemistry or even those classic 101 core curriculum classes, chances are you want the easiest teacher you can find. Be honest, I know you’ve all checked out
ratemyprofessor.com to find out the teacher with the easiest tests, or (if you’re lucky) who doesn’t even give tests.

Entering my last semester of college at
John Carroll University, I have been in school for sixteen years (not including pre-school). Much like any other student, I have encountered some of the best and worst teachers of my life. Now I’ll be honest, molecular chemistry is not my forte. However when it comes to public relations and advertising, I am ready to learn about anything. Having challenging professors within your major is worth the sacrifice of the A- for the B+ if it means you have learned, and are prepared for “the real world.” It is most important to leave a class feeling like you are taking away more than when you started.

The internship program at Liggett Stashower is the best opportunity in Cleveland to learn and experience public relations and advertising at the forefront of the field from the people who know it best. Building brands is Liggett’s motto, however their internship program focuses on building and preparing interns as the rising generation in public relations, advertising, and creative. As Pat said earlier, this is the hardest class I have taken, but the thing is, it’s supposed to be challenging. Being challenged is the best way to learn. Being an intern at one of the top agencies in Cleveland, and the country, there is TONS to learn and experience.

The most helpful and knowledgeable teachers can be found at LS. This agency knows its stuff, and it is impressive to watch and try to soak up all there is to experience. I‘m so excited to be here! I will keep you posted on everything I’m learning and my progress as an intern at Liggett.

Crista S.
Program Management Intern

No comments: