Thursday, June 17, 2010

A Day in the Life

6:30am - Wake up while it's barely light out and stumble out of bed

7:45am - Leave house, drop Dad off at work

8:00am - Pick up Sasha, the graphic design intern

8:15am - Find our way through the maze that is the parking garage

8:25am - Sit down in my very own cubicle

8:30am - Prepare for a day full of surprises!

Adjusting to the schedule at Liggett has been challenging, especially since I had four weeks off from school before the job started. But it didn't take long for me to realize my lazy summer days were over. From the very start of this internship, our days have been jam-packed with training, departmental meetings and brainstorming sessions.

While we may be the lowly interns, Liggett treats us like real employees. Rachelle and I have had the opportunity to work on many exciting projects and are ready to dig into anything that's thrown at us throughout the day.

We can tell that Liggett is really invested in the intern experience, too. Each intern is assigned a mentor in their department who can answer our questions and give us advice throughout the internship. It means a lot to us to know we have someone in our corner while we try to figure out what life in the professional world is like.

Working full-time at Liggett is much more exciting than any lazy summer. Gradually I'm hopping out of bed in the morning with a little more vigor - especially when I know what projects await me!

I've already learned so much in the first two weeks. I can hardly wait to find out what the rest of the summer has in store for us.

Katie F.
Brand Management Intern

No comments: