Thursday, July 05, 2007

Motivation

Since starting at Liggett I think that I can achieve just about anything if I work hard enough. If I had to give this internship a theme, it would be motivation. Everyone I have met is so motivated and excited to do their work and they do it well. Through getting to know everyone around the office, I see the different backgrounds, schools, majors, and personalities that come together to make this place as great as it is.

Like Adam said in his earlier post, we met with Rick Squire from American Advertising Federation- Cleveland last week and he explained the importance of professional associations. After meeting with him, I felt motivated to go beyond my school organizations and meet people in the professional world. I felt that I could meet the right people and eventually make enough connections to possibly get exactly where I want to go someday. I am not even sure where that is yet, but its nice knowing that there are so many organizations out there to help and guide you.

Also, I promised in my earlier post to get more creative for you guys. Well I was looking at some ads online and I was especially interested in billboards. There are so many cool and creative billboards out today. To see an advertisement go from this to this is just incredible. Both of those advertisements are creative for their time. I know that technology plays a part in all of this, but without the motivation and creativity from the minds designing these things, they would never be possible.

“Really great people make you feel that you, too, can become great.”- Mark Twain
This is how I feel after my first four weeks at Liggett. After my experience at Liggett is over, I cannot wait to see what else I can achieve through the things I have learned and the people I have learned from.



Kelly M.
Finance Intern

No comments: