Monday, July 13, 2009

Closing the Case of the Mondays



Mondays are dreaded at most jobs, but I have started to like them since they mean I get to come back to Liggett. Although this new building is really nice, it is the people here that make it such a great place to be. We came off of an exciting week, with the first whole week in the new space, the exciting news coverage of the move that Danielle posted and our intern project really coming together, I have nothing but good things to look forward to for this week.

We even had the entire city of Cleveland celebrate our arrival with a drummers and a festival!!…wait no, that was the Ingenuity Fest. But still, it was exciting. Coming in on a Monday after a meetingless weekend, it is sometimes difficult to get back into the swing of things. I know at first I had to take 20-30 minutes to read old e-mails and jog my memory of what I was working on, but that is precious time when working in a firm.

Now I make a to-do list at the end of every day, just before I leave, so that I know what to start on right when I get in the next day. This is especially helpful in getting myself refocused after a particularly enjoyable weekend. Another thing I might do is ask my mentor and others around the agency if they need me to do anything. Usually I can gather enough little tasks to get me back into the swing of things.

If (and that’s a big If) I ever have downtime, quick smaller tasks do well to fill in the gaps, and they also let me do work for other people in the agency, which is beneficial for both them and me.

Liggett is really helping me grow in managing and making the most of my time. I may never have a “case of the Mondays” again!

Evan R.

Brand Management Intern

No comments: