Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Keep on keeping on

There is still so much I need to get done before that looming date of August 12 arrives. It makes me tired just thinking about it. But then, when I think about it a little more, it makes me excited. Take these last couple weeks, for example. We’ve all got so much to do. The interns went to last Wednesday's Indians game, where we tweeted about the game from the Social Suite! I’ve got loads of copy to write, edit and start sending to the client throughout the week. Last Friday was Ham Day, which was tasty, fun and far less stressful than I thought it would be, as the intern book report presentations had to be rescheduled due to unexpected client work.

Yesterday, the interns got to tour 717 Ink and help screen print our intern t-shirts. They look great! But I can't post any pictures of them until our big reveal at tomorrow's Intern Party/Parent Night. We'll be showing our parents the cool stuff we've done this summer and giving them a look around Liggett.

That’s a lot going on.

And then I think about the other jobs or internships I could have had this summer. I doubt that any week or two at another place of employment would be this crazy/fun. The Liggett interns get to do work any intern would hope to be involved with, and we get to experience so much that is outside of the agency but still all about the industry. I’m sure many people would love to go to an Indians game during the middle of a workday. Who wouldn’t? But we were looking forward to the social media experience we got to have just as much as we were the game itself.

Work is challenging. Work is stressful. But my work at Liggett Stashower has never been dull. That alone is far more than many people can say about their jobs.

Isabelle J.

Creative Intern

No comments: