Monday, July 04, 2011

The one-month mark

Tomorrow I will have been interning at Liggett Stashower for a month. I can’t believe how quickly it has gone. And I can’t believe how much I’ve been able to experience in just one month here.

From radio spots to the intern t-shirts, I’ve been exposed to many different projects, all of which have taught me something. Much of the learning has involved taking the clients’ feedback to produce copy or concepts that are still creative, yet follow the clients’ guidelines or preferences. This was especially true when I had to write a radio spot for one client and brainstorm campaign ideas for another. My initial attempts were not, as I was told by Liggett Creatives on the account, what the client was looking for. After several rounds of edits and brainstorming sessions, I was able to create something Liggett was satisfied with and something that could be presented to the client.

As far as the intern t-shirt goes, our intern team has worked well together from day one on the project. It’s been fun to begin a project at the beginning. While that may seem silly to say, most of the other work we’ve had involved jumping into a project in the middle and quickly producing material to send to the client.

And last week, the interns were able to have lunch with Liggett President David Moore. Not only was the lunch fun and relaxed, but it was also informative and educational. Mr. Moore shared with us how his career developed, how he deals with creativity blocks and how we can get ahead in the industry.

The coming month holds only more learning experiences and exciting opportunities. Field trips to nearby businesses, the Intern Agency Crawl and the much-anticipated Ham Day are all on the horizon. And I’m looking forward to all of it!

Isabelle J.
Creative Intern

No comments: