Tuesday, July 19, 2011

The long and the short of it

At this point during my time at Liggett, I've been able to work on both quick, turn-it-around-in-an-hour projects and time-consuming, you’ll-be-working-on-this-for-the-next-month projects. And both have proven to be challenging and exciting in different ways.

Copywriting tasks that are expected to be completed ASAP or in an hour or two can make me nervous- especially when I feel like the ideas or words just won’t come. But that nervousness can help energize me and get my mind going. It’s also a great feeling to complete an assignment quickly and efficiently. It’s rewarding to see a finished (or at least nearly finished) product in such a short amount of time.

But the longer projects are a different story. They take dedication and a lot of organization. I’m working on writing what will end up totaling much more than 10 pages of website copy for a client right now. While it is worthwhile to be so highly involved with the overall content of the site, it can be a challenge to maintain a high level of excitement about the project, as it will last more than a month. However, it is reassuring to know that there is time to fully collect my thoughts and organize the content as clearly as possible.

After working on long-term and short-term projects, I know I wouldn’t want there to be only one or the other. Like it’s said, everything in moderation. And I’m glad I’ve been able to experience both.

Isabelle J.

Creative Intern

No comments: