Tuesday, July 06, 2010

We're Halfway There!

With sun-kissed faces, the LS staff is ready to get back to work after the 4th of July holiday weekend. The balmy heat of summer has yet to slow us down, as everyone in the office is busy, busy, busy.

I have stacks of papers, hoards of magazines, and an array of post-its scattered around my desk impatiently waiting for my attention. Assignment deadlines are creeping up on me, and my checklist is getting longer and more detailed. But I honestly don't mind. I'd rather be busy doing something than twiddling my fingers doing nothing. LS never fails to give me an opportunity that will keep me focused for my 8-hour shift.

This week I look forward to the "midterm" of the LS internship. The interns will get the chance to individually meet with the internship coordinators to give and receive feedback. For me, this is an extremely important and wonderful aspect of the LS program.

As a college student, I am still grappling my way through the business world, trying to discover my strengths and weaknesses, likes and dislikes. While writing press releases and updating media lists familiarizes me with agency life, I feel that my best work experiences have come from simply talking things over with business professionals. Receiving feedback this week will point me down a better path for whatever career I choose to pursue in the future.

Rachelle P.
Brand Management Intern

No comments: