Thursday, June 30, 2011

Not a Half-Day, But Half of a Day


My dad, like a lot of dads, always told me that if you do what you love you would never have to work a day in your life. I was lucky enough to realize my passion at a young age so I can’t remember a time in my life where I haven’t claimed I would become an artist when I grow up. Now, at the ripe old age of 21 my passion has never wavered, and my career path has never gone astray. As I’m experiencing life at a "marketing" design firm it only solidifies what I already knew. This is what I want to do with my life, and this is where I’m supposed to be.


With love, there always comes a little bit of headache as I got to experience a deadline to its fullest this week. Some client work was needed by the end of the day, and due to a string of hiccups, the day ran long. Sometimes it seems like if it can go wrong it will. If you clock from the time I left for work in the morning to the time I got home from work at night it totals to about 13 hours, but deadlines are the way of the beast. When work needs to be done you just buckle down and get it done, and even still if I follow the logic of my father’s classic idiom, it is safe to say that I haven’t worked a day this summer.


Like always, catch you guys next week.


Don D.

Creative Intern

No comments: