Monday, July 07, 2008

Nearly Halfway There?


As our intern class embarks on Week Four of the internship program, it is hard to believe that we’re nearly halfway through. At the same time, it seems as though we’ve all hit our striding point and are immersed in projects that are occupying our time and thoughts, even out of the office. I love how marketing and advertising classes and experience make you think harder about everyday things. I randomly mutter in public “That’s a horrible ad” or “What a great campaign.” It’s awkward, people stare, but sometimes you just can’t help it.

This past week and what I’m working on now is helping to map the current workflow of the Interactive Group. Website design and microsites and flash and all that good stuff are pretty integral with most of the work Liggett Stashower is doing – so I’m keeping track of project deadlines and goal dates and stuff like that.

I’m also meeting with my mentor and a data programmer tomorrow to work on a new internal project, maintaining a status report for my department, and helping conduct research for new client proposals. And on top of all that, our intern class is this close to solidifying our t-shirt design and theme for our class.

Oh and on Friday, we’re converting the agency into a mini golf course during lunch for a creative stretch break. We have 9-holes where the agency can duke it out for eternal glory, hot dogs, chips, and prizes for multiple categories.

Told ya I was having fun.

No comments: