Monday, July 14, 2008

Working Together


My internship is sizzling, much like eating lunch outside in black dress pants. I am still focused on internal publicity projects, but I am also getting my feet wet in other areas of the firm.

One of the most intriguing aspects about agency life –besides job codes- is the variety of backgrounds and specializations that the creative and program management departments possess, respectively. No two people in a firm are alike; everyone has different backgrounds and experiences. Often times working with someone from a different department can be an insightful and invigorating occurrence. Just the other day, I was working on an internal PR project pitch that would need pictures of our 3D press kits (sent to news outlets) to help sell media success from the campaign. The project required me to make arrangements with a graphic designer (creative side) to take professional photos of said press kit. I like to think I am well versed in photography, but I am not. The graphic designer took studio quality shots that were an excellent and essential element for the pitch. The verdict is still out if the story idea will be picked up, but one thing is clear, we all have different talents that are utilized everyday.

Working with the graphic designer reminded me of my favorite quote: “Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much.” – Helen Keller.

Marc F.
Program Management Intern

No comments: